Feb 10, 2008

My husband, My love

Sometimes, I think my husband is a real ass. Not today though. Today, he not only made dinner, but he also did the dishes and kept Haley entertained while I napped. It was a wonderful day here. It is days like this that make me fall more and more in love with Paul. It is days like this that never let me take my husband for granted.

I think that the pregnancy has finally sunk in with Paul. I think at first that it all seemed too unreal. It was dream-like. I can't imagine what it's like to be a man and not feel anything related to pregnancy, but be expected to believe it. LOL I think it takes a couple weeks to fully sink in. He's keeping track of where I am, when the doctor's appointment is, and reading up on each week of the pregnancy as we get there. He is being absolutely so sweet and wonderful about it all. I couldn't ask for a more supportive husband. I can only imagine how wonderful he will be as the pregnancy progresses and my belly grows. I think he'll take great care of me!

I have to admit that recently I love the way he looks at me. As if pregnancy has made me look different. I can see the love in his eyes and it's such a great feeling when I catch him. He loves that I am pregnant with his baby. The only person who loves that more, is me. I can't wait to share our pregnancy with him. Right now, it's just me and the growing little bean, but I can't wait to share those first kicks and flips of the baby with him. I think that will be a very special moment for both of us- something we will always remember.

This pregnancy has definitely brought something different to our marriage. A strength that can't be described with words. A feeling that transcends the normal spectrum of emotions and nearly brings tears to my eyes. In this moment, I don't think it's possible to love my husband more that I do now. Even though I can't imagine it now, I think I'll love him more once I see him hold our child, nurture and cuddle and love that child. The child that we made, together, out of our love for each other.

2 comments:

shannon said...

that is just too sweet. i'm so glad to hear that you guys are doing so good!!! it just brings tears to my eyes!!!

judy said...

Hi, just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I am a secondary infertile who succeeded. Take a look at my blog if you feel up to it, and feel free to ask questions.
Judy

We're Pregnant