Mar 19, 2008

NT Scan

I think out NT scan went about as well as it could. I think the measurements were good too! Then, the little blood test which is no more than a finger prick and 5 drops of blood. It all went pretty quickly too. I'm so glad we didn't have to sit in the hospital for hours!!

So, it seems my fears were unfounded. The baby was moving so much that the tech was threatening to reschedule the test for a different day when the baby wasn't so active. She was a real bitch, in my opinion.

This u/s was more emotional for both Paul and I. I was teary eyed and so was Paul. I think we were both so scared that what we'd seen on the monitor before was just a dream and they'd tell us that we weren't pregnant or something. As it turns out, we're definitely pregnant! Neither of us were weepy at the first u/s, so it caught us off guard that we were with this one. I think the first one in the doc's office was so exciting and there was so much adrenaline pumping that we just sat there in stunned amazement!

Our little one is looking like a real baby now, so maybe that's what made all the difference. It has long legs with knees and feet. It has fingers now too that you can see pretty clearly. You could tell the movements it made were deliberate to some extent as well. I can't really explain our joy, but it was pure and completely unpolluted with the fear we both normally feel. In that moment, in that darkened room, we could just be totally happy with looking at what will become our baby.

1 comments:

shannon said...

i am so happy for you and paul. you guys deserve this baby. so now relax and enjoy this pregnancy!!!!

We're Pregnant